Sunday, January 22, 2012

Newt Gingrich

The Washington Post calls Newt Gingrich "the GOP's eccentric big thinker and bomb-thrower."  He did really well in the South Carolina primary yesterday, easily beating Mitt Romney. Gingrich pulled in 40 percent of the vote so far, followed by Romney with 28 percent. Romney seemed like the stronger candidate until he started saying things about his tax rate being "closer to the 15 percent rate than anything" and "For the past 10 years, my income comes overwhelmingly from investments made in the past, rather than ordinary income or earned annual income. I got a little bit of income from my book, but I gave that all away. Then, I get speakers fees from time to time, but not very much."  The "not very much" turned out to be $374,327.62 in speaking fees for 2010-2011 !!!

Gingrich with wife and Franciscan monk : http://www.buzzfeed.com/

I think I read somewhere that Gingrich is the "angry candidate of doom and gloom"....but I must say that his bluntness is refreshing. He's pugnacious and not one of those slick candidates who never loses his cool....and I'm wondering if this might be to his advantage in 2012? I'm a registered Democrat and therefore a little surprised that I'm thinking this way...

"Amphibians (toads, frogs, salamanders, and newts) begin their life journey from a lake, pond, or muddy puddle. Anyone with an amphibian as a totem has access to ancient truths. They have the ability to breathe underwater and must be near a water source to survive and procreate. Change or metamorphosis is taking place or soon to take place when an amphibian totem shows up." http://healing.about.com/od/animaltotems/

And 2012 is the Year of the Dragon...in fact the Underwater Dragon...

No comments:

Post a Comment