Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Homesick Subterranean Blues in Trader Joe's

I was struck by U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) at yesterday's Presidential Inauguration. He started his remarks by quoting Roots author Alex Haley: “Find the good and praise it.” And today I was reminded of why I like shopping at Trader Joe's in Chicago's South Loop. I don't know if the checkout staff are hand-picked or specially trained but they are ALWAYS unfailingly nice, which makes the overall shopping experience extremely pleasant.  Another great part of the experience is the music. Today they were playing Bob Dylan's Homesick Subterranean Blues and I was reminded that Dylan is a poet and prophet as well as a singer-songwriter-musician:



I'm always amazed by the low prices at Trader Joe's. Today I bought my dogs' favorite treats (Charlee Bear Liver dog treats) for only $2.99. A large pack of triple ginger cookies was $3.99.  A large box of Medjool dates was $4.49. Wish we had a TJs in Hyde Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment